- Maintain a lending library of articles, newsletters, books, and videotapes on a wide range of special education topics such as special education law, types of disabilities, support groups, and recreational opportunities.
- Seek ways to encourage and strengthen communication between parents and school personnel.
- Refer families to local support groups, workshops, and advocacy groups.
- Provide an opportunity for families to network and share ideas and experiences.
- Link experienced parents to parents of newly identified children with similar special needs.
- Offer support to parents who need someone to talk to on an individual basis in a confidential, supportive atmosphere.
The CCPS Parent Resource Center for Special Education is a cooperative program that includes the:
Family Support Network of the Cecil County Infants & Toddlers Program
Susan Gerhard - Family Support Network Coordinator
Partners for Success of the Cecil County Public Schools Special Education Program
Katie Seymour - Partners For Success Coordinator
Preschool Partners Program
Mary Amerman - Pre-School Partners Coordinator
*If Cecil County Public Schools are closed, the PRC office will be closed.
*If CCPS is delayed due to inclement weather, PRC events for that day will be canceled.
*** SAVE THE DATE***